For a fun, easy way to learn the preparation of Macrobiotics meals, order Linda Wemhoff's, "Cooking for Health and Vitality" DVD.
(Running Time: 82 Minutes)
Linda's DVD is only $19.95
(plus $5.95 for US shipping).
Visa, AmEx, Mastercard, Discover and PayPal are accepted.
Grain: Golden Rose Brown Rice
Protein: Fish Filets with Mustard
Seaweed: none because of fish
Vege: Rutabaga Saute', Broccoli, Grated Carrot Salad
Dessert: Nypon Soupa
Golden Rose Brown Rice
Prepare as usual
Fish Filets with Mustard
1. Place thin filets on a lightly oiled sheet.
2. Make a spread with your favorite mustard and Vegenaise or Nayonaise.Spread a thin layer on each filet.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
1. Cut the rutabaga into matchsticks. Saute' in a little toasted sesame oil with a dash of shoyu. Add a little water and cook on a low heat with the lid on for 15-20 minutes.
Prepare as usual....bring 1" lightly salted water to a boil, add stems, 1 minute later add floweretts, cook 1-2 minutes with lid on until bright green.
Grated Carrot Salad
Grate carrots and season with 1 TB Vegenaise or Nayonaise, 1 tsp. ume vinegar, 2 TB water, minced dill and a little maple syrup.
Eden Assorted pickles
Nypon Soupa- Rosehip Soup with Crunch
1. Soak 2 cups of dried rosehips in water just to cover. (Best to soak overnight.)
2. Grind the soaked rosehips in the food processor. Then mash through a sieve or foley food grinder. Reserve the puree and discard the dry petals that were left in the sieve or grinder.
3. Bring 1 quart of apple juice to a boil with a pinch of salt.
4. Sweeten with rice syrup...making it a little extra sweet as the rosehip puree will make the 'soup' more sour once it's added.
5. Thicken the apple juice with diluted kuzu (3 TB in 1/4 cup juice and cook for one minute. (Amount of kuzu used will depend on the quality of the kuzu.)
6. Remove from the heat.
7. Add the rosehips puree and stir.
8. Serve with crunch.
1. Bring 1/2 cup rice syrup to a boil and add puffed rice cereal. Stir.
2. Bake in the oven until crispy.
Other Favorite Dishes